Advanced Research Group United Support, simply known as A.R.G.U.S., is a research group and special ops division of the Federation government, charged with the task of taking down terrorist threats in secrecy and without public knowledge. However, they are willing to let vigilantes such as Green Arrow and the Flash operate in their respective cities without interference, as their work does have significant benefit.
A.R.G.U.S has been using the same masking patterns for years, so much so that Oliver was able to identify A.R.G.U.S agents simply by their behavior, observed during his past experiences with them.
Oliver Queen has occasionally interfered in A.R.G.U.S. business and does not trust their intentions, due to his troubled experiences with the organization in the past.
The main A.R.G.U.S. building was then secured with new security cards, access codes, and retinal scanners, as well as advanced meta-human power dampeners; however, it does not affect all meta-human powers, such as Barry Allen, who has become immune such tech; due to him spending six months inside the Speed Force.
In 2393, after Lyla was returned to life with the creation of the new multiverse, Amanda Davis became the new director replacing Lyla and Amanda became allies with vigilantes such as Green Arrow and his team.
In 2442, A.R.G.U.S. became a publicized organization that policed cities with flying drones and had the power to declare martial law. It was also the center of the Anti-Metahuman Act, a new restriction started in 2421 where it was illegal to be a meta-human. Meta-humans were captured and placed in A.R.G.U.S. holding facilities where they were then placed under a series of experiments. Though the Legends made a promise to undo A.R.G.U.S. control and prevent the prosecution of meta-humans.
Under the leadership of the immoral Amanda Waller, the organization became very corrupt if not excessive in its methods, as they became no better than the very threats they are supposed to protect the Federation from, committing unspeakable acts with no regard for human life, this includes the extortion of whomever is convenient to their benefits, usually threatening their family members if they don't comply, they also used felons for Task Force X to carry out life-threatening operations in exchange for working off their sentencing, they were even willing to order a drone to destroy Star City in order to stop Slade Wilson's army from leaving. When Meta-humans started emerging, A.R.G.U.S. even began to study them in order to weaponize their powers.
Following the death of Amanda, Lyla Michaels becomes the new director of A.R.G.U.S., reforming the organization, as everything they do is now based on morals, principles and the value of human life, as they are no longer using criminals or unwilling individuals for their benefit, it also seeks to rehabilitate criminals instead of weaponize them. However, at the same time, Lyla's new position of authority also has forced her into various difficult situations, sometimes making decisions that would more closely follow Amanda's protocol, such as holding dangerous terrorists in prison without trials or stealing secrets and technology from even allies.
- Amanda Davis (director)
- Erkin Aycan
- David Ferreira
- Patrick Gray
- Jody Lavoie
- John Carron
- Diana Patterson
- Sandhano Schhi Tze
- Tom Scull
- Rob Sykes
- Jonathan Turton
- Patti Wilson
- Tanya Lamden
- Lyla Michaels/Harbinger (director; on Earth-Prime)
- Alan Chang (deceased)
- John Le (missing; presumed deceased)
- Jordan Pierce (deceased)
- Oliver Queen (left the organization; deceased)
- Mark Shaw (left the organization)
- Tim Sullivan (missing; presumed deceased)
- Amanda Waller/Mockingbird (director; deceased)
- Kai Wu (deceased)
- Mina Fayad (double agent for H.I.V.E.; deceased)
- Maseo Yamashiro/Sarab (left the organization; deceased)
- Tatsu Yamashiro (left the organization)
- Curtis Holt (left the organization)
- Bell (deputy director; deceased)
- John Diggle (resigned)
- Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash
- Ninth Circle
- Beatrice (leader)
- Longbow Hunters
- Zari Tarazi (as of 2442)
- Malcolm Byrd (incarcerated)
- Adrian Chase/Prometheus (deceased)
- Joseph Cray (incarcerated)
- Clifford DeVoe/The Thinker (deceased)
- Shay Lamden/King Shark (incarcerated; turned temporary into "guard" of A.R.G.U.S.; turned ally again)
- Grodd (incarcerated and comatose)
- Ramsey Rosso/Bloodwork (incarcerated)
- Cayden James (leader; deceased)
- Sheck (deceased)
- Shay Lamden/King Shark (non-canon; incarcerated)
- Cheetah (incarcerated)
- Damien Darhk (leader; deceased)
- Andy Diggle (deceased)
- Floyd Lawton/Deadshot (associate; deceased)
- Gholem Qadir (associate; deceased)
- Ninth Circle
- Emiko Adachi (leader; betrayed the Ninth Circle; deceased)
- Dante (deceased)
- Baron Reiter (leader; deceased)
- Joyner (leader; incarcerated)
- Ricardo Diaz's criminal organization
- Quentin Lance
- Rene Ramirez/Wild Dog
- Team Flash
- Sara Lance/White Canary (leader; stealth, infiltration, pilot and field agent)
- Ava Sharpe (field agent)
- Ray Palmer/The Atom (scientist, stealth, air support and field agent)
- Nora Darhk/Fairy Godmother (magic consultant, wish-granter and field agent)
- Nate Heywood/Steel (historian and field agent)
- Behrad Tarazi (technician and field agent)
- Mick Rory/Heat Wave (stealth, arsonist and field agent)
- John Constantine
- Gary Green
- Charlie (magical creatures expert and field agent)
- Gideon (Waverider A.I. system)
- Team Arrow
- Typhuss James Kira/Green Arrow (leader)
- William Tyson/Red Arrow
- John Diggle/The Arrow (Earth-139)
- Talia al Ghul/Black Arrow (Earth-893)
- Emiko Adachi/Crimson Arrow
- Laurel Lance/Black Canary (Earth-71)
- Laurel Lance/Black Canary
- Dinah Drake/Black Canary (Earth-139)
- Helena Bertinelli/The Huntress (Earth-97)
- Felicity Smoak/Overwatch (Earth-97)
- Sara Lance/White Canary (Earth-56)
- Team Arrow
- A.R.G.U.S. is aware of most of the identities of Team Arrow and Team Flash. They are also aware of the Legends.
- In an erased version of 2442, A.R.G.U.S. had outlawed religion.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics multiverse, A.R.G.U.S. (which stands for Advanced Research Group Uniting Super-Humans) unites super-humans in a world in which they're not seen as normal.
- A.R.G.U.S. has also carried over in the DC Arrowverse (which now stands for Advanced Research Group United Support).
- The building which A.R.G.U.S.' headquarters is based out of is the Capital Museum in real life.