Ally of Team Arrow
Ally of Birds of Prey
Bruce Wayne is a male Human who is from Gotham City and the CEO of Wayne Enterprises. He became Batman in response to the sudden and brutal murder of his parents by the gangster Jack Napier when he was ten. He sees himself as the protector of Gotham, aiming to clean up the city's crime and corruption while bringing its criminals to justice by any means necessary. One of his first enemies was Napier, who Batman accidentally transformed into the far more dangerous "The Joker". Battling against the Joker's plan to poison Gotham with "Smylex", they had a final confrontation in which the Joker fell to his death- avenging Batman's parents.
Over the years to come, Batman would fight many other eccentric criminal masterminds, including the monstrous Penguin, the seductive Catwoman, the twisted Two-Face, the manic Riddler, Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy.
In the course of these events, Batman later found a crime-fighting partner in Dick Grayson, who became Robin, and later another ally in Alfred's niece Barbara Wilson, who became Batgirl. He also seemed to come to terms with his parents' deaths, seeming to enjoy his role as Batman.
Bruce was so traumatized by Barbara being shot by the Joker that he retired his identity as Batman. Bruce went away from New Gotham to an undisclosed location. While he had retired from crimefighting, he still provided the nessecary resources to Barbara so she could continue the fight. He shifted his focus to running Wayne Enterprises and continuing charitable work. Wayne Enterprises comes to be worth a lot to Earth. He left his loyal butler Alfred in charge of watching over Helena as well as maintaining Wayne Manor.
Bruce's former protégé Barbara Gordon likewise kept vigil over Helena as well as continuing to fight crime in his stead as Oracle. Barbara trained her until she was ready to work alongside her under the guise of the Huntress. While they never met, Bruce always kept in contact with Alfred concerning Helena's activities. In their last known conversation with each other Alfred assured his former employer that Helena was doing "just fine". Years later Bruce became Batman again to help other heroes.
Bruce witnessed his parents' murder as a young boy, which inspired him to stand against crime and become Batman.
Fighting over Poison Ivy
Batman and his crime-fighting partner Robin both got affected by Poison Ivy's mind control dust, which caused them to fight over her throughout the film. Batman soon realized what was happening, and avoided her beauty and charms while Robin was still influenced. Eventually, Batman was able to gain Robin's trust again and the Dynamic Duo, along with their new partner Batgirl, managed to apprehend Poison Ivy, who is eventually imprisoned in Arkham Asylum.
Thawing Mr. Freeze
Batman was tasked with apprehending a thief with a tragic background, known as Mr. Freeze.
Bruce thinks about his relationship with his butler and friend, Alfred Pennyworth.
Batman stopped Mr. Freeze, along with Robin and Batgirl, from freezing Gotham City with the new telescope at Gotham Observatory, and revealed to Freeze that Poison Ivy had tried to kill his wife in order to be the only woman in Freeze's life. Batman promised to have Freeze's wife moved to the lab at Arkham Asylum, where he would be able to continue his research and find a cure for her disease. Freeze also provided Batman with an antidote to save a dying Alfred, who was suffering from a lesser case of the same disease. Mr. Freeze was locked up in Arkham, where he promised to make Poison Ivy's life "a living hell".
Back at Wayne Manor, Bruce gave Alfred the antidote, saving his life. After initial hesitation, he allowed Alfred's niece, Barbara Wilson, to continue being Batgirl and join the crime-fighting team.
Bruce was so traumatized by Barbara being shot by the Joker that he retired his identity as Batman. Bruce went away from New Gotham to an undisclosed location. While he had retired from crimefighting, he still provided the nessecary resources to Barbara so she could continue the fight. He shifted his focus to running Wayne Enterprises and continuing charitable work. Wayne Enterprises comes to be worth a lot to Earth. He left his loyal butler Alfred in charge of watching over Helena as well as maintaining Wayne Manor. Bruce's former protégé Barbara Gordon likewise kept vigil over Helena as well as continuing to fight crime in his stead as Oracle. Barbara trained her until she was ready to work alongside her under the guise of the Huntress. While they never met, Bruce always kept in contact with Alfred concerning Helena's activities. In their last known conversation with each other Alfred assured his former employer that Helena was doing "just fine". Years later Bruce became Batman again to help other heroes.
Bruce Wayne is a deeply traumatized man due to having witnessed the death of his parents at a young age. His psyche scarred, he has pledged to fight criminals for the rest of his life. Though he is socially withdrawn, he genuinely cares about the citizens of Gotham. However, he has difficulty forming relationships with other people, particularly with women.
- Peak Human condition: As a vigilante with years of experience, Bruce Wayne is in peak physical condition for a man of his age, height, and weight.
- Peak Human strength: Bruce can generate low-level superhuman strength. As Batman, he can kick with a force of 34 psi/3,520 newtons/358.94 kilograms/791.33 pounds. He is able to easily overpower other grown men; he sent one mugger crashing through a wooden door with a single kick and held his partner up off the ground. He knocked out a corrupt SCIS officer with just one punch, and lifted the Joker off of his feet. When he was ambushed in an alleyway, he was able to send a man sliding over the hull of a shuttle with a punch, and he also threw a man over the roof of the shuttle. He also caused a swordsman to do a backflip when he kicked him. Using his grappling hook, Batman ripped out a chunk of a wall and slammed into the back of a goon's head. He was also able to punch a hole through the bottom of the Batmobile Mk I. Bruce was strong enough to completely kick off the top of a training dummy. He later physically overpowered several of Two-Face's goons at once, knocking them all down in a single motion. He also knocked Chase Meridian's door off its hinges and easily picked it up. Batman could effortlessly carry a frozen Robin.
- Peak Human speed: Batman is incredibly fast, able to disappear from sight instantly. He was able to deflect a bullet fired at him by the Joker, which ricocheted into the latter's face. He was also able to deflect the strikes from a swordsman who attacked him in an alleyway.
- Master martial artist: Bruce is a master hand-to-hand combatant and martial artist. His skill allows him to defeat the criminals of Gotham City with ease, such as Johnny Gobs, two muggers, corrupt SCIS officers, and the Joker and his goons. He easily defended himself against a man who was dual-wielding swords. He brought down many members of the Red Triangle Gang and contended with the highly skilled Catwoman in their duels. He also defeated many of Two-Face's goons and Mr. Freeze's "hockey team."
- Stealth: As Batman, Bruce is master of stealth and can easily blend into the dark. Bruce was able to vanish away from Joker at Axis Chemicals when he went to pick up his gun.
- Intimidation: As Batman, Bruce commands a terrifying presence and instills fear into the hearts of criminals. A mugger gained a fear of heights after he heard that Batman sent Johnny Gobbs into the pavement from five stories up. He gained a reputation with the SCIS as a "giant, menacing, supernatural form." According to Alexander Knox, every "punk" in Gotham City was "scared stiff," and rumors arose that Batman could not be killed and that he drinks blood, indicating that some believed him to be a vampire.
- Genius-level intellect: Bruce is a highly intelligent man. His intellect extends itself to his detective, tactical, deceptive and business skills. He is also very cultured.
- Master detective: Batman is the world's greatest detective. He deduced that the Joker tainted hundreds of chemicals with Smylex at the source (based on the latter's psychological profile noting him for having an aptitude in chemistry) and figured out that the poison only works when the components are mixed, e.g. hairspray mixed with lipstick and perfume, making the toxin untraceable. He later proved that Penguin controlled the Red Triangle Gang. He solved several of the Riddler's riddles, figured out that Alfred was dying and accurately deduced that Poison Ivy's lips were poisonous.
- Master tactician: Batman is a master strategist. He anticipated that the Joker would shoot him in the torso, so he hid a serving tray under his clothes. He also recorded the Penguin's words about the citizens of Gotham and used them against him by playing them during one of his speeches to ruin his reputation and any chances he had at running for mayor.
- Master deceiver: Batman is a master of keeping his identity a secret. Furthermore, several criminals doubt that Batman exists, as well as Lieutenant Eckhardt.
- Expert businessman: Bruce is a industrialist. His wealth has allowed him to travel across the world and fund his crimefighting campaign.
- Indomitable will: Batman is a person of tremendous determination. Despite witnessing the murder of his parents, he resolved to avenge their deaths and fight crime.