Helena Bertinelli, nicknamed The Huntress by Quentin Lance, is a female Human who is a rogue psychotic vigilante. She is the daughter of the late Frank Bertinelli, the fiancée of the late Michael Staton, and the ex-girlfriend-turned-enemy of Oliver Queen. Helena was set on destroying her father's crime empire as revenge when her father had Michael killed.
Oliver intervened when Helena attempted to kill her father and saved her life when she was shot by Frank with her own crossbow. Afterwards, Helena left Starling City after realizing that Oliver wasn't on her side. She later returned to kill her father when he made a deal with the SCIS and Justice Department to avoid jail time and go into witness protection in exchange for testifying against the East Coast family. Helena was stopped by Oliver once more, though he was forced to let her go after she shot McKenna Hall.
A year later, Helena returned when the Arrow arrested her father, who was ultimately killed in the crossfire caused between Team Arrow and Captain Stein. She was arrested by Officer Lance and sent to prison.
Many years later, Helena returned to Star City and teamed up with Ricardo Diaz and Lex Luthor to destroy Oliver's legacy and Star City. (Black Canary)
Helena is a kind, caring, and reasonable individual, who tried to send her father Frank Bertinelli to jail legally and discreetly, because she knows he thrives on other people's suffering.
After joining Team Canary, Helena changed and became a hero. Helena's personality changed after she became a hero, Helena as the Huntress has often displayed a strong moral compass and a willingness to sacrifice in pursuit of saving others. She has demonstrated an ability to put her own life in jeopardy to save another, even a complete stranger but with also not wanting to harm others in pursuit of that goal. She has also demonstrated a strong stance on the treatment of prisoners. Helena has shown that she has a willingness to help those even when some of them have indicated that they are uninterested in any help. She was willing to put her own personal life on hold in pursuit of helping others.
- Peak of human physical condition: Helena is in top physical condition, with her physical strength being noteworthy as she was able break her father's right-hand man Nick Salvati's neck with her bare hands and break a block a concrete with a single kick. She also has impressive reflexes allowing her catch an arrow that a archer shot at her, a move that she states she practiced a lot. She is also intuitive, as she was able to repeatedly anticipate her enemies plans and deceive them with misdirection.
- Expert hand-to-hand combatant/Martial artist: Helena is a formidable hand-to-hand combatant, able to easily beat multiple thugs and shown to an unpredictable fighter to more skilled opponents. During her bouts with criminals, she was able to successfully disarm them on both occasions but not enough to actually best them. As a fighter, Helena seems to favor grappling moves and has used a variety of them during her fights.
- Skilled markswoman: Helena is shown to be proficient with various types of firearms, but her skills are noted to be rudimentary at first. Although still willing to use guns and not being trained enough to use a recurve bow, she began to show favoritism to hand-held crossbow. She has later demonstrated highly proficient use of one that she could take out a team of armed criminals with a single crossbow.
- Skilled stick fighter: When fighting against criminals, Helena was able to quickly disarm them and use their own weapon against them to quickly take advantage of them in their fight.
- Bilingual: Helena is capable of fluently speaking English and Italian.
- Beretta Px4 Storm Sub-Compact: Helena uses a Beretta Px4 Storm Sub-Compact as her main sidearm.
- SIG-Sauer P226: Helena uses a SIG-Sauer P226 pistol as her secondary sidearm.
- Remington 870 Tactical: Helena uses a Remington 870 tactical shotgun while out in the field.
- Crossbow: Helena uses a Cobra 80lb Self Cocking crossbow as The Huntress, to achieve her goals of vengeance against her father, and will kill anyone who gets in her way, it was later taken from her after she was arrested by Quentin and McKenna. It is unknown if it was designed by Oliver.
- High-powered crossbow: A high-powered crossbow served as Helena's replacement crossbow after her customized crossbow was taken from her by Quentin Lance and McKenna Hall. She stole this crossbow from a sporting good store, however, she lost it when she was disarmed by Oliver after attempting to kill a SCIS officer. It is unknown whether or not she recovered this particular crossbow after Oliver let Helena go in order to save McKenna. If she did recover this crossbow, it most definitely would no longer be in her possession. It is likely that she got a new high-powered crossbow at some point.
- The Huntress suit: Helena wears a suit as her villainous alter-ego The Huntress, to achieve her goals of vengeance against her father and stay anonymous, despite her identity eventually being uncovered. It is unknown if it was designed by Oliver, it is also unknown what materials it is made from. The suit is still in her possession, now that she is a hero.
|Other versions of Helena Bertinelli|
|Doppelgängers of Helena Bertinelli|